My Top 10 Books: World book Day!


In honour of World Book Day today, I thought I'd share my favourite books; some from my childhood and some more recent ones.


My my all time favourite from my childhood has got to be JK Rowling's Harry Potter. I love all of them, but most specifically The Goblet of Fire. 

Second on the list is Matilda by Roald Dahl. I was so obsessed with this book, I dressed up as her pretty much every world book day at school and watched the film 24/7! 

Third is Holes by Louis Sachar. There are just so many positive messages to be learnt from this book and the characters are brilliantly written, I think Zero is my favourite! 

The last of my Childhood faves is The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum. It's such a classic. My boyfriend even bought me a personalised version, where all the characters names are swapped for my own and some my friends. It's the best and so hilarious! 

My recent favourite books are forever changing, everytime I read something it automatically becomes my new favourites. But here are some I'm loving for now: 



The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: I don't think I've ever been so drawn in by a book, I just want to live in their world and wander around this amazing magical circus. 

The Hunger Games, Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins: As much as I love the first one, I think Catching Fire will have the biggest place in my heart. It's where the story really gets going...and one word: Finnick. 

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: This is just brilliant light-hearted chick lit at it's best. And I've you've ever had a slight obsession with a book/tv show/ band..then you will totally relate to it! 

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: I'm not gonna lie, this book is heartbreaking. But at the same time I'm so glad I read it. And the film was a prefect adaptation too which I was so please about. 

Flashforward by Robert J Sawyer: One of the best sci-fi books I've ever read. It's so clever and thrilling and really made me think more about time, space and science. 

Maus by Art Spiegelman: This was the first Graphic Novel i'd read, and I was surprised by how much I loved it. I've always had the mind set that Comic Books aren't as good as 'proper' books, but this one opened up a whole now realm of reading material for me. 

There are so many more books that I love, and this list will probably change by next week! 

X

2 comments